General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

magriggs
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Looking for a stage piano

Post by magriggs »

Hi

I have a Yamaha U3 acoustic piano, but because the music room is right below the nursery, it's off-limits after 7pm. Which isn't good as I don't get home until 6.45 during the week!

So I am looking for a stage piano to supplement it. The most important features are the action (it must be as close as reasonably possible to an acoustic) and to a certain extent the price - less than £1000 would be essential. The range of sounds is not important, nor is the ability to layer sounds or all of that other stuff.

I've had a look at the ProKeys 88 on the web, wihch looks good at £469.

Obviously I would need to go and play them, but any help gratefully received!
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

The Yamaha CP300 is the best bet by far, but if you don't want to spend the 1500 quid it'll cost you, the lesser CP33 has fewer features but the same overall feel and it'll set you back just over half that.
Jazzer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jazzer »

The CP300 is indeed fanastic. There was one set up through Yamaha's own amp & speakers in the Wardour Street "Chappells of Bond Street" last week, and I was amazed how good it sounded (and felt). I think there's a Sale at Chappells until the middle of the month, so it may be worth a telephone call to see what reduction is being offered there.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

You can buy on line for £1379.00 and some shops have a price promise so may screw them down even more, they are all the same out of the box

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
magriggs
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by magriggs »

Great, thanks for the info. I shall go a-searching.