Kawai CA91 problems

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

D.J.Smith
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Kawai CA91 problems

Post by D.J.Smith »

Has anyone experience of problems with the wooden keyboard on the top-of-range Kawai digitals? I have a new CA91 which has quickly developed sqeaking keys. Some are so noisey as to be intolerable. The white keys are also of uneven height. The dealer claims they will silence with use, but I find no evidence so far.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Sound like the keys need levelling and some Teflon or Protec puting on the bushings

Bitch to the shop again

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
D.J.Smith
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Kawai CA91 problems

Post by D.J.Smith »

Thanks for the reply. Kawai have authorised company that does their warranty work in UK to rectify faults. Took some time to organise because piano was bought from Cherubini in Rome, whom I can recommend as courteous, helpful, and very competitive on price. If anyone else is considering a new Kawai they could save 30% off UK price.

I'll let you know if faults are NOT fixed!

Regards, David
remlap3
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by remlap3 »

I have dealt with the problem of a CA91 with 'squeaky' keys. It seems there must be a batch problem.
Very simple to fix under warranty. Simply contact your Kawai Dealer (where you bought it from!!) and they will arrange for their contractors to come and 'grease' the back of the keys.
It is an unfortunate problem, but one that can be easily fixed!!

I bet they've employed a new worker or machine to test for 'squeakiness' before they leave the factory now!! :wink:
D.J.Smith
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Kawai CA91 problems

Post by D.J.Smith »

Never grease AWA Pro keys!
The noise is CAUSED by grease migrating from the hammer fulcrums onto the capstans and contaminating the key sliptapes. The only lasting fix is to renew the slip tapes and teflon powder coating, and remove the excess grease from the hammers.
This is very labour intensive [costly], but the only certain cure.
remlap3
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by remlap3 »

Must be my mistake then,

This is what I was told happened by a member of Kawai. Maybe they were guessing themselves!!

Forgive me if I am wrong!