Old Clavinova Digital Keyboard

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

jacque

Old Clavinova Digital Keyboard

Post by jacque »

I have a chance to buy an old Clavinova keyboard from our church. It is at least 15 years old and is not one of the portable keyboards but is a full 88 keys board. I have to make an offer and I have no idea how much one would be worth. It has been sitting unused (except maybe 2x/year). Any ideas what an offer should be?
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

Since digital piano technology races ahead so quickly, a 15 year old one is a complete prehistoric dodo. Also spares for it will be near impossible to obtain, and keys will be weaker than they were when it was new, so its value is very low. They should be giving it to you.

Maybe you can offer a charitable donation for it.
Openwood
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Openwood »

[Since digital piano technology races ahead so quickly, a 15 year old one is a complete prehistoric dodo]

How the hell DO you get quotes from other posts in those nice boxes? Just can't seem to do it....

Anyway, I was just going to say that we've got some Clavinovas at school which must be about 15 years old (Clavioldas?). Over that time herds of feral adolescents and peripatetic teachers have been happily knocking seven shades of **** out of them day in day out and they all still work absolutely fine. OK, the sound and action are primitive compared with a new one but they do what's required of them. I'd offer the church between fifty and a hundred quid and take it.

[/quote]
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

How the hell DO you get quotes from other posts in those nice boxes? Just can't seem to do it....
You precede the bit you want to quote with [ quote ] and follow it with [ /quote ] but leaving no spaces between the square brackets and the word quote!
Openwood
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Openwood »

You precede the bit you want to quote with [ quote ] and follow it with [ /quote ] but leaving no spaces between the square brackets and the word quote!
Like that?

BOOGER ME, I DONE IT, EH!!

Thanks PG