Advice on buying a digital piano

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

annebjan

Which digital piano?

Post by annebjan »

The Yamaha YDP121 is very popular and I have one adult student who loves it. She doesn't seem to battle too much when transferring to my Ibach upright piano, although one can tell she is experiencing the adjustment-related, slightly hesitant finger action. As long as you play a good acoustic as often as possible, your overall technique can still benefit.

I intend trying out the Kawai CN2, as it seems, from several pianists' reviews, that this one may be even more rewarding than the YDP121.

Also possibly worth trying are the Gem 700 and 800 digitals, I've only heard the Gem sound samples on my PC (hootersmusicalinstruments.co.uk), but this doesn't give you a real idea at all of the sound quality, touch response and overall performance.

You may like to visit a dealer who has good acoustic and grand models as well as digitals, and try out a few pieces, transferring from the digitals to the acoustics for comparisons.

Hope you find what you're looking for! :)
annebjan
joca_hdj
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by joca_hdj »

hi,
if it's not too late,i think that yamaha p series like p80,90,120 are the best electonic pianos ever.
You can ajust toucn and the piano colours are so beautiful.
When i play it , ialmost feel like i am playing on the real yamaha piano!
Jovan
grated

digital piano recomendation

Post by grated »

I ve got a classenti cdp1. LOve the sound and it feels just like a real piano.
Don't really like the yamaha stage pianos or the ydp range.
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: digital piano recomendation

Post by markymark »

grated wrote:I ve got a classenti cdp1. LOve the sound and it feels just like a real piano.
Don't really like the yamaha stage pianos or the ydp range.
Up until now, I'd never heard of Classenti digital pianos. What do you not like about the Yamaha stage pianos? I'm not as keen about the YDP range so far as I am about say the upper CLP range or the CP300 stage piano. These are brilliant instruments although I have heard people say that have a heavy feel.