Small Digital Piano

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

PlayThatSong
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Small Digital Piano

Post by PlayThatSong »

I am finally going to be (hopefully) buying myself a piano after years of loving the music that they make and just not having the time/money/space to actually pursue it for myself. I have been taking some lessons since the end of summer and now that I have moved into a larger place I think it is time to start looking at getting my own digital piano. Last week I went to one of the shops in my area and the salespeople where not helpful at all, just pointing me towards the more expensive pianos and ones that I said over and over would not fit in my house.

Obviously I would like to be able to save as much money as possible on this, so the cheaper the better (up to a point). I am also considering getting a used piano as I could hopefully get a higher quality for less, but I don't know how long these types of pianos are meant to last. Any tips/recommendations/links would be greatly appreciated :)

I read all through the forum that was linked and also had a read on some guides online which lead me to the decision to purchase a used digital piano instead of a new one so that I can get used it a bit before dedicating the money to a completely new piano. Looking online a lot of the used musical instrument sites did not have anything available to ship to London but I found some available to ship from http://www.for-sale.co.uk/digital-piano that were in good condition and for a reasonable price. My Yamaha P35 is on route and should arrive next week; hopefully I will be able to make a good impression with it come Christmas time. Thanks for all the help!
Last edited by PlayThatSong on 22 Nov 2017, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: Small Digital Piano

Post by chrisw »

There has also been some recent discussion on electronic pianos at https://www.abrsm.org/forum/index.php?act=idx, which may help.
PlayThatSong
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Re: Small Digital Piano

Post by PlayThatSong »

Awesome, I will be doing some reading on there tonight/tomorrow! Thanks!