Digital Piano Action

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

RobertJM

Digital Piano Action

Post by RobertJM »

Good evening,

New to the forum, and first post.

I'm sure this topic will have been flogged to death, but I hope you won't mind me creating a new post, for the most-up-to-date and relevant information for myself.

Brief bio: Have played piano for 15 years, always on keyboards of varying degrees of quality (started as a kid on entirely non-weighted and currently have a Kurzweil SP4-8), whilst using real acoustics with teachers or to perform with etc.

I'm now looking to get a DP which is as close as possible to the action of an acoustic. I have done all the research and have been through a number of brands, but the ones that seem to me to stand out are the Kawai CA17 and CA67.

I'd like to know if anyone has played these - or tried them - and their thoughts. I have heard some stellar reviews, but also some people reporting to be less than impressed with the feel of the keys.

My budget is around £1500, and my main concern is with the action, not the onboard sounds, extra functionality or bells and whistles.

Many thanks.
Feg

Re: Digital Piano Action

Post by Feg »

Robert

I'm sure that someone will be along to reply to your post soon. This section of the Forum is not particularly active at the moment.

Fiona
RobertJM

Post by RobertJM »

Hi Fiona,

Thanks. Is the forum quiet regularly, or is there a reason it's a little silent at the moment?
Feg

Post by Feg »

Hi, Robert.

No reason, just quiet :)

Fiona
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

I would personally vouch for Yamaha digital pianos balancing touch, tone and cost.

Have you looked?