General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

froggy8
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

electric piano recommendation please

Post by froggy8 »

hi guys

first post, hope everyone is ok during this pandemic times.

few years ago i had a 61 key keyboard to practice with but gave up after few months and now i would like to get something as close to a piano as possible and the electric piano popped in my mind.

lets get the budget out of the way first, my budget is very, very low at 200 pound. now i realize that most of you will think that is no way enough but i have seen some secondhand for around this price but i just dont know which is a decent one.

hope someone can help me please

many thanks
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: electric piano recommendation please

Post by chrisw »

If possible find something with 85 weighted keys. Yamaha, Kawai and Casio are probably good makes to look for. Have you seen any Yamaha P121 on the secondhand market and what price do they attract ?
froggy8
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by froggy8 »

chrisw wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 15:51 If possible find something with 85 weighted keys. Yamaha, Kawai and Casio are probably good makes to look for. Have you seen any Yamaha P121 on the secondhand market and what price do they attract ?
many thanks for your reply

i have hada quick look at the yamaha 121 but they are double my budget.

i have been looking at yanaha p45 though, is a decent?
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by chrisw »

I would imagine a Yamaha P45 would also be good. If possible please try to give the P45 or P121 an audition. I was thinking that you may find either of these on the secondhand market rather than buying new.
PS have a look at the Facebook page ...pianos for sale uk
froggy8
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by froggy8 »

chrisw wrote: 19 Oct 2021, 16:54 I would imagine a Yamaha P45 would also be good. If possible please try to give the P45 or P121 an audition. I was thinking that you may find either of these on the secondhand market rather than buying new.
there are a few p45 within my budget secondhand but the p121 is around 400 pound.
froggy8
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by froggy8 »

ok, the yamaha p45 is still out of my budget. the one i was looking at shot up to nearly £350!

i have been looking at budget ones like gear4music and alesis ones, are they any good?
froggy8
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by froggy8 »

i have now changed my budget to £400.

i realize that at £200 it has proven difficult.

any recommendation for £400 please?

many thanks
froggy8
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by froggy8 »

well the shop only had upright pianos and no digital piano.

been looking on the internet again and now i am leaning more towards the casio px s1000, what do you guys think?
froggy8
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by froggy8 »

chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by chrisw »

I visited the gear4music shop in York a few years ago but wasn't terribly impressed by their own brands. Probably best if you can find a yamaha, kawai or casio. Always best to go to a well stocked shop to try out these brands but getting to large dealerships may involve long journeys ! Still probably worth it if spending £400.
froggy8
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by froggy8 »

chrisw wrote: 31 Oct 2021, 13:52 I visited the gear4music shop in York a few years ago but wasn't terribly impressed by their own brands. Probably best if you can find a yamaha, kawai or casio. Always best to go to a well stocked shop to try out these brands but getting to large dealerships may involve long journeys ! Still probably worth it if spending £400.
many thanks for that

i will see if there is any more stores around me.
ton312
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by ton312 »

froggy8 wrote: 25 Oct 2021, 13:23 ok, the yamaha p45 is still out of my budget. the one i was looking at shot up to nearly £350!

i have been looking at budget ones like gear4music and alesis ones, are they any good?
Yamaha P45 is a great piano. I hope you are happy with itt, if you choose it anyway. I saw here that it is included in your budget. This is the best you could find :)