- Colin Nicholson
- Executive Poster
- Posts: 1836
- Joined: 04 Jul 2010, 19:15
- Location: Morpeth, Northumberland
Problems with self-teaching are:-
"Books do not ........"
1. correct your mistakes and bad habits
2. allow you to hear rhythms played correctly
3. show you how to maintain a steady tempo
4. explain the 'real time' element and evenness of the beat for the crotchet, minim,
semibreve, dotted notes, quavers etc.....
5. correct poor fingering/ hand positions/ posture & deportment
...... there are many more elements including phrasing, dynamics, legato, staccato, pedalling etc.....
Try it. xxx