Celebrate me home

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

kevinheap

Celebrate me home

Post by kevinheap »

Just a different kind of welcome message, I figure you folk were the artistic type and would not mind. A brief into: Midwest male 55, married w/ 5 year old, in window cleaning forum, cooking forum, chess club on the net, blackjack forum.

I got a 76 key casio keyboard for my little girl for her birthday and I have fallen in love with learning to play piano/keyboard. I just have the first two phrases of Danny Boy down but I love it and may take lessons.

Just thought I would ask about where I should devote my energies for the best results. I cant read music but used to play drums about 40 years ago.

If you are like my friends in the other groups you all love newbies and that would be me.

Thanks for reading my post and I promise to behave.
kevinheap

Re: Celebrate me home

Post by kevinheap »

I am not sure what to learn now I was thinking rock and roll but classical might be a classical gas. Man would that song be hard to play. Thanks for the feedback and nice to meet you.
MarkGoodwinPianos
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by MarkGoodwinPianos »

I'm told that you can search YouTube for "beginner piano lesson video" you can find lots of good tips.

Everyone loves humble, gracious newbies yes! Welcome ;)
Yamaha Pianos for sale (usually 50+ in stock)
email markgoodwinpianos@gmail.com with any Yamaha, Kawai, Bechstein or Steinway questions :)
kevinheap

Post by kevinheap »

Thanks for the information Mark. I may not be so humble once I master my first entire song. LOL
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

You can get The Complete Piano Player from the library (by Kenneth Baker). Aimed at adults learning alone, it uses songs from Abba, Elvis, Beatles, etc. V. good book.
I play for my own amazement... :piano;