Learn & Master Piano / Rocket Piano

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

sheareb

Learn & Master Piano / Rocket Piano

Post by sheareb »

Hi there, new to these boards. Have had a piano for about 5 years and feel I really should get round to learning how to play it. However, in the current climate I simply cannot afford to have lessons on a one to one basis and have searched for group sessions without success.

Therefore I started looking round the internet for material which could go someway to helping. From my searches, it seems that Learn & Master Piano is hot favourite with Rocket Piano a close (but cheaper) second.

The internet is full of "reviews" of these products but I am unsure what % are genuine independent reviews and comments.

Has anyone had any experience of these?
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Learn & Master Piano / Rocket Piano

Post by markymark »

The Rocket Piano is geared towards beginners or "experienced" beginners who want to learn to play by ear. Most of these online courses are geared that way, unless they provide music or workbooks to work through.

Is playing by ear what you are interested in?
sheareb

Post by sheareb »

I dont mind learning to play by ear but I also really want to be able to pick up a piece of sheet music and be able to play it with both hands. I do realise these courses are unliely to be anywhere as good as 1-1 tuition and dont expect to come out of it as an "expert".

I tried the rocket trial course which wasnt too bad but seemed to move very very quickly but that may be due to the nature of the trial - I wasnt sure of the links between lessons really. I also ended up printing all the materials which didnt print 100% well and is obviously costly hence I am attracted to the L&M DVD & workbook approach.

Sticky point is price with L&M currently on offer at |$149 versus rocket at $40.
Are there any UK stockists of this product?

Any other suggestions welcome!

regards
samasap
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by samasap »

Hi

I have used rocket piano and found it very good. Once you have the basics refreshed, you should also try the complete Kenneth Baker book on piano.

This is really good as it starts off with very basic pieces and then progresses throughout the book, each piece having something different to think about. It also has good explanations.

Check out the 'Free Lessons' section on my website and there are some useful reviews about Rocket Piano on there too.
Samantha
Christine Chung

Post by Christine Chung »

Rocket piano is a full step by step piano lessons that will teach you to read music and play songs fast and easy.
Over 12 Months of step-by-step lessons, Beginner to Advanced, Learn to read Sheet Music, Classical, Pop, Country, Rock and Blues, Step-by-Step Famous Song lessons, Great for both keyboard AND acoustic pianos.
They also provide 60 day 100% money back guarantee. Give it a try yourself. It's one of the best piano lesson program on the market.
helion

Post by helion »

The reasons why you should learn to play the piano

As being a newbie learning to play the piano or one more musical instrument is fascinating.

Playing a musical instrument improves your brain electrical power, your self-assurance, social abilities.

Studying to play a musical instrument and taking music exams can provide you a sense of achievement.

Increase your brain ability with audio:

It's got been confirmed by neuroscientists that discovering to play the piano,

understanding the concept of audio and more importantly regular apply will boost the amount of connections in between the neurons as part of your brain.

Simply just set, the more new connections your neurons make the more brain energy you might have (while in the area)

Improve your confidence:
Should you be father or mother you'll recall the days when you had your to begin with driving lesson.

It absolutely was fascinating and frightening simultaneously. Was not it?.

You most likely in no way believed you may have the ability to coordinate in between your eyes, hands, and feet.

Imagine how proud you'll feel in your little one when she or he is taking part in the piano or other musical instrument at college, in your own home, or perhaps at your church.

Each of the other mother and father are delighted to hear pretty songs remaining played by your little one.

Observe these suggestions and we are able to guarantee you you will come across the appropriate audio teacher who presents music lessons with your region:

Now that you just took a decision to learn it can be time to go and acquire the musical instrument to practice on.

to learn more about why you should learn to play the piano, Please Visit:

http://www.YesYouCanTrust.com/learn-piano