Grade 5 under my belt!

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

cazmal
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Grade 5 under my belt!

Post by cazmal »

As it says in the title really! :D

Took the exam on Friday and found out today that I have passed - Trinity Guildhall board.
2 marks short of a merit, and I feel a bit miffed about where some marks were lost and indeed some of the comments seem a little out of sorts with how I feel I performed. :? BUT, it's done now and I am happy that my nerves are getting less and less with each exam.

btw - I am in my late 40's and started playing from scratch as a 40th birthday present to myself - so a message to all adult learners - keep it up! :piano;
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Grade 5 under my belt!

Post by markymark »

cazmal wrote:As it says in the title really! :D

Took the exam on Friday and found out today that I have passed - Trinity Guildhall board.
2 marks short of a merit, and I feel a bit miffed about where some marks were lost and indeed some of the comments seem a little out of sorts with how I feel I performed. :? BUT, it's done now and I am happy that my nerves are getting less and less with each exam.

btw - I am in my late 40's and started playing from scratch as a 40th birthday present to myself - so a message to all adult learners - keep it up! :piano;
Music exams and performance are acquired skills in many ways. This is an important first experience for you and nerves often let people down in their first grade. Don't let it bother you. Make notes or reminders about the process or things that you need to watch out for so that you improve before the next exam. Well done!