Buy A Broom !

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

Chris Reardon

Buy A Broom !

Post by Chris Reardon »

As a child, I learnt a song called "Buy A Broom". Does anyone know what book this was in, if it's still availible, and what other songs were in the book ? I'm trying to relive my little boy years learning the piano.
Thanks.
Chris
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

I just googled 'Buy a broom' and there it was...it shows a little excerpt from it. Fill yer boots! :wink: Lyrics are a bit samey, though...
SirTK
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by SirTK »

Googling brings up several versions with some different tune options - I guess you would need to plough through them all to see if the one you want is there.
The version I know is not there, but I have it in the Eleanor Franklin Pike book "Easiest Tune Book of Songs to Play and Sing" (Op 20). It's the London version (with no mention of Bavarians or Irishmen) and is to the tune of The Ash Grove.

Terry
David Brierley

Re: Buy A Broom !

Post by David Brierley »

Chris

Did you manage to find the book with "Buy A Broom" in it? My wife is trying to find it for our 7 year-old granddaughter. Could you please reply to davidbrierley@waitrose.com ? We would be really grateful.

Cheers
David (in Malvern UK)
Xyxoz

Post by Xyxoz »

Googled and found this book:

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/pages.htm ... =wwws-err5

Hope it's useful ^^
Grenache
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Grenache »

Wow, that brings back memories! It was the first tune I learned and I felt so proud as it needed both hands (but not at the same time).