studying piano in the Uk :)

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

fayna

studying piano in the Uk :)

Post by fayna »

Hello!

I heavinly have found this web`page, and i hope someone could help me to solve my problem :)

I study piano, and i´m in the second year. In two years i will finish my superior studies, and i will get a superior degree. The thing is that i would like to finish my studies in Uk, but i know that i´m not good enough to enter in Royal college or Trinity college ;)
I would like to know if there are more conservatoires (are they called so? ) and where can i find their webs or info about them, because i ´m not able to find them...maybe because i don´t know if the organisation of the studies is the same as in Spain, and also if they are called conservatoires, or music colleges...or whatever.
Please, can anybody help me?

thanks!:)
fayna
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Most music colleges are on a par with the Royal Academy/College, Trinity, Guildhall etc., at least as far as the requirements for entry. The main difference lies in what they do with the raw material (ie, you!) after they get you in. What about applying to a university? You'll have to move fast, though, as the British government seem to be allowing universities to shut their music departments down pleading no money at the moment... :evil: