Hey Everyone!! I Was Just Wondering If It Was To Late..

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Course it isn't too late...but the younger you are the easier it is, so get cracking! It is SO USEFUL to be able to accompany yourself as a singer...I don't think I'd have stuck to my singing if I'd had to hunt down an accompanist every time I felt like yowling. Mind you, a lot of good singing repertoire books now come with cd's in the back to accompany you.
singer92

Hey Everyone!! I Was Just Wondering If It Was To Late..

Post by singer92 »

I've been playing the piano on and off for 3 years since I was about 5 :) . But I quit when I was 8 (I had been playing the cello for about a year which I found much more intersting at the time:!: ) . But now I'm 13 and I want to start playing the piano again..only I'm just wondering if its to late to get anywhere with it :? ..and if it is..I'll just carry on with the cello which I have been playing for almost 6 years now! :D
PLEASE HELP!!!!
:(
singer92

Post by singer92 »

I was wondering it beacause I have just started to get somewhere with my singing (yay!!) and I was looking for my fav instument to acompany my singin..:S HELP! :D
singer92

Post by singer92 »

Gill the Piano wrote:Course it isn't too late...but the younger you are the easier it is, so get cracking! It is SO USEFUL to be able to accompany yourself as a singer...I don't think I'd have stuck to my singing if I'd had to hunt down an accompanist every time I felt like yowling. Mind you, a lot of good singing repertoire books now come with cd's in the back to accompany you.
Thanks for that..I am singing a this festival thing in about a month but after that I'm oging to be touring around and I would like to be able to play the piano..But I'm still not very sure if i should start :s
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

I'd look for a laid-back teacher who won't try to grind you through the grades; just tell him/her you want to be able to accompany yourself singing, and you don't want to get sucked into the whole grade thing - unless, you DO want to, of course - and ask if you can learn from a more grown-up book...you don't want fairies dancing all over it, and learning nursery ryhmes, do you? And to be horribly mercenary about it, lessons are expensive and your parents won't always be there to pay for you to learn! :twisted: