Tips for the new teacher

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

fumbler
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by fumbler »

Hi,

I suppose it depends on your target audience - sorry, pupils - and your target income. For a relatively informal setup it's just the same as any new business.

Word of mouth, friends, family, work mates (if you are already employed) - free
Small adverts in work place, schools, supermarkets, library, local music shops, etc - free to cheap
Small adverts in Post Offices and shops within a 10-mile or so radius - cheap
Small adverts in the local press, have to be in every week - quite to very expensive
Flyers to schools and other music related organisations - free.

I should think that this would be enough to get you started.

Rgds.
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Tell your piano tuner you're looking for pupils; I always get people asking me about piano teachers.
Parish church magazines have proved an effective and cheap form of advertising for me over the years - for the price of half a tuning I get about two new customers a year.
Thompson local directories would probably give you a free listing, but obviously you'd need to wait for the next edition.
Good luck :wink: !
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Depending on the area we get quite a few teachers each week asking to be taken off the UK piano page as they get too much work if you have grade 8 or above you can advertise on here free Of course if you are in a area with lots of teachers and your name starts with a Z then you will not get as much

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page