Music Book ranges for "intermediate"?

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

dancook

Music Book ranges for "intermediate"?

Post by dancook »

I'm bored of the 'really easy piano' stuff and I want to expand my intermediate selection, are there recommended book ranges to look at for the 'intermediate'?

Background as to where I'm at -

After taking weekly lessons for <6 months and not really enjoying scales or wanting to do grade exams, I felt I had learnt enough to muddle through on my own for my own enjoyment, and so I've been playing for a few years since that.

I have built up a collection of piano books, and typically I pick a book an play through what I think I can sight read to a recognisable level, and muscle memory usually kicks in when I've played it a few times.

My go to books are typically
  • Enya - Shepherd Moons, Watermark & A day without rain
  • Minecraft Volume Alpha - Piano Solos
  • Harry Potter - Easy Piano
  • Disney Giant Movie Hits - Big Note Piano
  • Coldplay - Really Easy Piano, but have recently gotten a harder version which I'm working through slowly.
  • La La Land - Easy Piano
  • Final Fantasy VII & X - Piano Collections (typically hard, but I have a few favourites I cannot play to the end)
I have bought some PIano Vocal Guitar books, missing they had three stave layouts and finding I don't enjoy trying to play just the piano part without vocal melody mixed in.
  • The Feeling
  • Katie Melua
  • Radiohead
  • The Greatest Showman
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: Music Book ranges for "intermediate"?

Post by chrisw »

Have a look at some Einaudi preferably in the book called "I Giorni".
dancook

Re: Music Book ranges for "intermediate"?

Post by dancook »

chrisw wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 17:03 Have a look at some Einaudi preferably in the book called "I Giorni".
Thanks Chris, first bit of google - Ludovico Einaudi - Nuvole Bianche, lovely - sounds so familiar too.

Looks perfect for me to learn with