Practice rooms in Merseyside

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

Johnleonard

Practice rooms in Merseyside

Post by Johnleonard »

Hi
Is anyone aware of piano practice rooms in the Liverpool/Merseyside area? I use a VPC1 + Pianoteq to play at home but I’m looking for a semi regular space with an acoustic piano. I know the university of Liverpool has practice rooms but I’m presuming they are solely for students.
Cheers
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: Practice rooms in Merseyside

Post by chrisw »

A "Lets Play Piano" group meets in Liverpool once per month and have used a room in Liverpool Hope University so rooms are available to hire for outside organisations. However Liverpool Hope have told the group that they are not restarting hire until 2022. The Lets Play Piano group are currently hiring Crosby Hall Educational Trust hall which has a Boston grand piano. You could consider joining the group and perhaps the organiser or some its members may know of other practice rooms.
Alternatively visit local churches or church halls to enquire if they have a piano in a room that can be hired.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Salvation Army in Liverpool has a piano not sure what it is but I do know they have one.

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Salvation Army in Liverpool have a grand piano and they do rent out the room for individuals or groups .
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page