Shigeru EX

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

joseph
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Shigeru EX

Post by joseph »

Last week in Milan I performed on a Shigeru EX concert grand, and it was amazing. A fine sounding piano, really warm, with a perfect action. IT was the best I've played anywhere.

The warm up room had a new RX7, which had a heavier action but was also beautiful.

I also had the chance to try an SK6 Shigeru, which I didn't like as much and an SK3 which I loved. All in all these Kawais are beautiful pianos :piano; well done Kawai.

Same quality as Yamaha, but different qualities, so it's a matter of taste as to which is better.
RWAS
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Shigeru EX

Post by RWAS »

I must admit that I am a Kawai piano fan too. Last year, in Shanghai and more recently in Singapore, I tried the full range of Shigeru Kawai and Kawai grand pianos. The Shigeru Kawai pianos are superb with a most sensitive, responsive action and a tonal radiance that we find only in the very best pianos. The K. Kawai grand pianos are also excellent and a joy to play.
The Shigeru Kawai EX concert grand is now appearing on many of the many international concert platforms.

Kawai has an impressive record of innovation and development in piano manufacture.

Regards,

Robert.
I love the piano and its music.