W.Hoffmann World 125

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

harry
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

W.Hoffmann World 125

Post by harry »

Can you please give me some advice on it?
In its price range, is it a good one comparing with others like Kawai K25E/K30E or Yamahas?
Is &3000 a reasonable price for it?
Thanks.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

The Trend line is made in the Bechstein factory at Seifhennersdorf in Germany and the World series is made by Petrof in the Czech Republic I only
have 2 on my round and both are Grands they are well made very close to the quality of a Schimmel I would say a bit better as for price its not bad. The problem with W Hoffman is there are quite a few makes called Hoffman which are not related to W Hoffman and are not as good by a long way one is made by Pearl River

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
harry
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

One more question

Post by harry »

Thank you very much for your reply. It is very helpful.
I have one more question. In your opinion, is the World line comparable with the Trend line?
As you mentioned the former is made in Czech Republic.
Do you think that makes difference in quality?
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Yes the World series is there entree level piano and the Trend line is their pro versions the Trend got some good reviews in DAS Piano the German
magazine

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
harry
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by harry »

Thans,Barrie.

Are those grand you have around Trend or World pianos?

I tried a World H125 and a Kawai K25E. I tend to buy one of them as they are in my budget range. I guess both of them are entree level pianos. I like the w.hoffmann bit more. But I have very limited knowledge and experience on pianos. I know I have to make the decision my own. I wonder if you can give me some ideas on that. Generally are they the same level pianos or one slightly better than another?
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

The big grands as far as I know are all made in Germany both clients paid over 27K so you would expect them to be good.

As to your choice both are good pianos but the W.Hoffmann would have better selling power if you later decide to upgrade, but the name Kawai is more known in the UK.

have you looked at this guy he can get quite a bit of most new pianos However, they come direct to you so you would have to like that model some you can try before you buy.
http://www.thepianoman.co.uk/

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
harry
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by harry »

good site, thanks.