Brodmann, Wendl & Lung (Hailun) or Perzina 6 foot + Grands

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Tenor1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Brodmann, Wendl & Lung (Hailun) or Perzina 6 foot + Grands

Post by Tenor1 »

Brodmann, Wendl & Lung (Hailun) or Perzina 6 foot plus grands are they the best Chinese manufacturers any comment regarding their quality? Which is the best?
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Brodmann, Wendl & Lung (Hailun) or Perzina 6 foot + Gran

Post by Barrie Heaton »

The Wendl & Lung can his and miss the one I have tuned some are nice some not so nice

Brodmann Well they are only manly sold up in Scotland and down south so can't comment

The Perzina can be nice more widely stocked I would look at
http://www.piano-tuners.org/piano-forum ... f=3&t=8762
http://www.piano-tuners.org/piano-forum ... f=3&t=5144

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
sussexpianos
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by sussexpianos »

The Feurich (Wendl & Lung) is only 178cm but is a nice piano if set up right by the dealer. There are a few dealers around with these The Perzina grands have just been redesigned so there wont be many out there. In general, not many dealers stock the big Chinese middle of the range grands as many people buying a large grand tend to buy a Yamaha or Kawai.
You can also look at Samick NSG 186. They are all, some would say, poor mans Porsche, but if your after a large sounding piano and don't mind about the finesse, then they are OK. Don't shop for prices, what’s more important is if the shop can set it up right.
None of them will have the qualities of the Yamaha C series or Kawai RX series but they are more expensive, but in my opinion, will give better performance, reliability and will give you a better return when it comes to sell.
A piano tuner is the "Unseen artist". www.sussexpianos.co.uk
Members of the PTA & I.M.I.T., MIA and Trading Standards Approved. C&G qualified and N&S Diploma. PTD(Precision Touch Design) Technician.
joe
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by joe »

sussexpianos wrote:The Feurich (Wendl & Lung) is only 178cm but is a nice piano if set up right by the dealer. There are a few dealers around with these The Perzina grands have just been redesigned so there wont be many out there. In general, not many dealers stock the big Chinese middle of the range grands as many people buying a large grand tend to buy a Yamaha or Kawai.
You can also look at Samick NSG 186. They are all, some would say, poor mans Porsche, but if your after a large sounding piano and don't mind about the finesse, then they are OK. Don't shop for prices, what’s more important is if the shop can set it up right.
None of them will have the qualities of the Yamaha C series or Kawai RX series but they are more expensive, but in my opinion, will give better performance, reliability and will give you a better return when it comes to sell.
Excellent post would also add the Boston piano range designed by Steinway and manufactured by Kawai to Steinways guidelines they are very popular in many of the worlds music schools and offer better residuals than both Yamaha and Kawai,the lesser brands in the longterm are less valuable and more expensive to maintain,need more tuning,voicing and regulation.
sussexpianos
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by sussexpianos »

Had a brand new Feurich 178(W&L) delivered on Wednesday, have to say I am very impressed! I do like the light veneer inner rim. A nice tone, mellow. Great for the home.
Members of the PTA & I.M.I.T., MIA and Trading Standards Approved. C&G qualified and N&S Diploma. PTD(Precision Touch Design) Technician.
joe
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by joe »

How much does the Feurich retail for?.
sussexpianos
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by sussexpianos »

The 178cm is £9495 RRP.
vernon

Post by vernon »

hmmmm
Our mission in life is to tune customers--not pianos.

Any fool can make a piano-- it needs a tuner to put the music in it

www.lochnesspianos.co.uk
joseph
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by joseph »

It's a shame that the original Feurich has stopped making pianos in Germany. They were sweet pianos indeed. EXPENSIVE! But nice.
joe
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by joe »

Used to stock them their 130cm upright was in a class of it own as where their grand pianos,but as Joseph rightly comments outpriced themselves,think they are still producing some pianos in Germany,and probably have a production line in a factory in China.
sussexpianos
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by sussexpianos »

The pianos are still being made in Germany, the old Wendl & Lung are using the name but have improved the models a little. You can still buy the German Feurich, bit expensive though, but I think the Saulter pianos are the best buy.