August Forster Piano

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Pianomate
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

August Forster Piano

Post by Pianomate »

Hi all you may remember that I was discussing an August Forster piano I was going to restore, anyway my situation now dictates that regretfully I am going to have to offload it. Therefore its going begging as an abandoned project. I have had a good crack at the casework but that is as far as I have got.

Anyway it is a large overstrung early 20th Century model with original fittings and sconces. For those that know, Forster is a good German make with a good sound, not your typical old tat.

The Action and internals are sound though of course it will require an overhaul. Wrest plank and soundboard are in good order and the pins are tight. I wouldnt have taken it on had I not considered it to be worth the effort. I'm more interested in someone taking it who is willing to complete it rather than getting much money for it. I am based near to Thirsk, N Yorkshire (near York).
Bob Pierce
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: August Forster Piano

Post by Bob Pierce »

Speak to Steven Brandon pianos, he may buy it.
Pianomate
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: August Forster Piano

Post by Pianomate »

Already have but he's a bit quiet and has a good stock of pianos needing work for the moment.