He's excelled himself this time !

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

David B
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

He's excelled himself this time !

Post by David B »

Our beloved friend has managed to go up market.......WAY upmarket :D

Now styling himself "elonjohn1" we have this little offering http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STEINWAY-GRAND-PI ... 43a0067b56 (item 290447588182)

A Steinway no less! and not just that a "STEINWAY GRAND PIANO MAINTAINED REGARDLESS OF COST -SENIORE ETTORE ARCO ISIDORO BUGATTI "

Yours for £150,000 :D

How does he afford the fees? :?
sirprize
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: He's excelled himself this time !

Post by sirprize »

pills......my pink pills.......

I

need

them

quick
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

it will be costing him with all them photos has he ever sold one?

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
AndrewtheOboist

Post by AndrewtheOboist »

I have seen a few ads from this guy on Ebay, is he totally crackers? there is one ad posted where he rambles on for ages, posting videos etc all with wild claims. The said Piano for sale looks nice enough but what lies beneath, a very expensive ornament..

Aside from that as mentioned already..his fees must be horrendous.

Oh and I am Andrew BTW. Hello one and all..
Pianomate
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Pianomate »

AndrewtheOboist

And may I ask why does he insist on demostrating the pianos in full drag..yes folks thats a man under that wig..bad legs and size twelve feet are a dead givaway..Honestly his ebay ads are a hoot, I am totally baffled by what the purpose of the ads is, surely no one buys pianos from him and not for the prices he is asking for what look like a load of old cronks..And where on earth is he getting all these pianos and where is he storing them..I can't believe that anyone would not smell a rat here..

The funniest video yet is when he comes out to play said Piano to tumultious applause and actually takes a bow..at the end he (She) is given some flowers..

Just a thought, but is there something else going on here (Ebay) or is this seller totally bonkers..

I'm voting TOTALLY BONKERS..
Wurzil
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by Wurzil »

"The finest piano in the world is owned in The Presidency Of The United States Of America

simply the best Steinway has anyone considered is subjective not objective and necessariy so we're told much like the car chase in the French Connection"

Its actually quite fascinating (if a little uncomfortable) when you look at the language and try to work out what he's saying. Is he foreign? Is he an autistic savant? Has he got bi-polar disorder? Is he serious? What is he trying to do?

Ive never seen anything like it!

W
joseph
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by joseph »

i think he's probably just some sad old man with too many pianos and a big imagination. and a crap dress sense.
AndrewtheOboist

I strongly suspect that Joseph is right but it has to be said he has a truckload of Pianos, a whole wharehouse full by the volume that he advertises..he has at least 3 on ebay at the moment and the descriptions are staggering ..a total overload of information which is enough to put anyone of reading ..he does have good feedback and people seem pleased with the Pianos so who can say..

Nevertheless it keeps me entertained..I just shudder to think what his ebay charges are..