upright yamaha u1 or kawai ku-2b

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

MA. CECILIA M. DE MESA
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

upright yamaha u1 or kawai ku-2b

Post by MA. CECILIA M. DE MESA »

hi.. please send me some information about these 2 piano models. just confused what to buy... is the kawai an upright 48" or much taller? yamaha u1 serial no is 209726 and the kawai ku-2b's serial no is 437496. i need more information about these pianos as soon as possible. hope somebody can help me. one thing more. the color of the yamaha u1 is rosewood? the piano seller told me that it is original from japan. i have many inquiries, just wondering why it is rosewood? because almost all the yamaha u1 models that ive seen is ebony.... help me...
jackg
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: upright yamaha u1 or kawai ku-2b

Post by jackg »

You certainly need help.
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: upright yamaha u1 or kawai ku-2b

Post by PianoGuy »

They are both rather old, but on balance I'd go for the Yamaha. Older Kawais can be very uninspiring pianos.

Rosewood is a type of mahogany finish, the Japanese version of which is simply a mahogany veneer with a red coloured tint. Yamaha always described the colour as 'mahogany' though. U1 models in mahogany are rarer than black, but were once more commonplace than they are today.
PG

The opinion above is purely that of PianoGuy and is simply the opinion of one person ....

If you're buying a piano, try as many as you can and buy the one you like, not a similar one of the same type.