Yamaha SU7 and Petrof 135

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Oprwtos

Yamaha SU7 and Petrof 135

Post by Oprwtos »

Hello, firstly i would like to know, why is the Yamaha SU7 131cm and the U3 132cm, Is it because the 1cm doesnt make a difference or... becuase im confused and baffled by this.

Secondly i would like to know peoples experiences on a yamaha su7 and petrof 135 and which do you think is a better piano.

thx chris.
Peter Smith Pianos
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Yamaha SU7 and Petrof 135

Post by Peter Smith Pianos »

Yamaha SU7!!!
Yamaha and Kawai Main Dealers.Nationwide delivery.Contact 0141 887 6160 www.petersmithpianos.co.uk
athomik
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by athomik »

The SU7 is a handcrafted piano, the U3 is a standard production model, so they are not in the same range of pianos or in any way similar.
athomik

Adrian Thomas Music Services
http://www.adrianthomas.net
Peter Smith Pianos
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

There is no comparision,would be interested to know the asking price of Petrof 135?.
Yamaha and Kawai Main Dealers.Nationwide delivery.Contact 0141 887 6160 www.petersmithpianos.co.uk
Oprwtos

Post by Oprwtos »

thx for your answers :)
There is no comparision,would be interested to know the asking price of Petrof 135?.
i dont understand what ur saying here :) but the price is around £13,000 if ur asking that.
Peter Smith Pianos
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

There is no comparision the Yamaha is far better piano than the Petrof in all aspects of build quality,durability,action response etc.If 13k is the budget worth looking at Schimmel,and Grotrian-Steinweg,these are the pianos in the same range as an SU7 not Petrof,hope thats of some help.
joseph
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by joseph »

I guess it depends what you like but I'd pick the Yamaha.
Oprwtos

Post by Oprwtos »

the Schimmel K 132 looks lovely but seems hard to come by, where would i be able to get it from? living in london.
Peter Smith@PSPianos
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by Peter Smith@PSPianos »

Hi, I would suggest that you play both pianos and decide ' for you ' which one suits your needs best....after all you are the person that's going to play it !

I also believe that you have to get to know and trust the person that you are buying from..... what actual experince and knowledge does he have ? How did he gain that knowledge ? From whom was this knowledge gained ?......that's the difficult part.

Nowadays, you have ' salesmen ' who try to sell pianos on price alone (just like buying a car). They have ' little - to - no knowledge ' and will and are going to tell you just anything to get your money. What does it matter ' what price ' when you are going to have this instrument for the rest of your life ! The ' salesman ' will alway try to muddy the waters and ensure that you go along with his reccomendation. But how can he make such ' bold ' statement ? "Go for this or that !" The tuner/ technician will listen to the player and suggest that you try this or that because of the touch or tone...not the 'bottom line '. The tuner has the knowledge and experince working with pianos to direct you to the correct instrument !

Good luck.. in what we call...... ' the piano trade '

:piano;
Oprwtos

Post by Oprwtos »

erm i saw how much the schimmel was and its like €18k so forget that lol, ive made up my mind, i will get the yamaha su7 and/or the kemble k132sn as the kemble is a great piano and its f88888 cheap £6,100 from a place i saw, a good place.
pilgrim

Post by pilgrim »

Have you tried the Kemble? My wife played a K132 a few weeks ago. It was okay. The only Kemble they had that was decent, but not great. Yamaha SU7 should be vastly superior. My wife actually preferred the smaller Kawai K3 over the K132.
sussexpianos
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by sussexpianos »

The Yamaha is a nice piano, the Petrof, like all other Petrofs is over priced. The Kemble is a nice piano and a lot cheaper.If you have the money to spend then go for the Yamaha.
A piano tuner is the "Unseen artist". www.sussexpianos.co.uk
Members of the PTA & I.M.I.T., MIA and Trading Standards Approved. C&G qualified and N&S Diploma. PTD(Precision Touch Design) Technician.
hammer man
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by hammer man »

I agree with Sussex, Kemble first, Yamaha second!
joe
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by joe »

hammer man wrote:I agree with Sussex, Kemble first, Yamaha second!
Kemble 132 not in the same league as Yamaha SU7 or price range SU7 made using the same materials as Yamaha concert grand,have played them and are good instruments but did find the top treble disappointing.Grotrian College model in price bracket and should be able to pick up a decent used Steinway K around the 13k mark.
joseph
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by joseph »

If money wasn't a problem, and I had to make the choice between an SU7 and a Kemble, I'd personally go for the SU7. If money was no object and I had to buy any upright of my own choosing, I'd pick a Steinway K or perhaps a Bosendorfer 130.
joe
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by joe »

joseph wrote:If money wasn't a problem, and I had to make the choice between an SU7 and a Kemble, I'd personally go for the SU7. If money was no object and I had to buy any upright of my own choosing, I'd pick a Steinway K or perhaps a Bosendorfer 130.
Very much agree with above comments,but would go for say a 20 to 30 year old Bosie oppose to new one.
joseph
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by joseph »

Honestly? Are they better than new ones? I had no idea. I guess sometimes that's the case with some instruments.