Fitting grand piano in my house

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

winkybag99
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Fitting grand piano in my house

Post by winkybag99 »

Hello all,

I have sold my Yamaha U3 and am getting a second-hand Kawai RX-2. The professional firm of piano movers who took the U3 away seemed to think that it would probably be easier getting the RX-2 in than the upright. The hallway is quite small and the doors are at a fairly tight angle: I would prefer not to have the Kawai arrive only to have to take the window out...

Can anybody offer me any reassurance?

Thanks!

Ben
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fitting grand piano in my house

Post by Barrie Heaton »

With out seeing the hall it difficult to say Most of the big removal company's like Piano Logistics send their workforce to widow installers to learn how to take out and replace complete windows or just the glass units on modern windows

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
chrisvenables
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by chrisvenables »

Nobody knows better than the piano mover who's already moved a U3 from your house. If they've already told you that it will be easier than removing the U3, then just ask them to quote you for the job and at what price.(in writing)
Yamaha Piano Main Dealer since 1981. www.chrisvenables.co.uk
winkybag99
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by winkybag99 »

Thanks both, sure it will be fine now. Would use my local movers but the piano is coming from a shop further afield and it's going to be considerably cheaper for me to use one of their local companies. They sound very reliable though.

Thanks again,

Ben