The New Kemble Chopin

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

A440
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

The New Kemble Chopin

Post by A440 »

Have just seen my first Kemble Chopin- the new upright 121. A real thoroughbred! The best piano to come out of the Kemble stable in my opinoin! Like the Mozart it uses the highest quality of soundboard stock, upgraded hammers and-the 'piece de resistance' -Bosendorfer bass strings!
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The New Kemble Chopin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Not received the photos for the website yet should get it on Monday

Here is the text

2010 sees the 200thanniversary of the birth of Frederick Chopin.To celebrate the life of arguably the finest exponent of piano composition we present the Special Edition Chopin model. The 121cm Chopin has a beautiful Romantic sound with an exceptionally pure and warm bass. Unique amongst our model range its bass strings are hand spun for us by Austrian craftsman at the world famous piano maker Bosendorfer

Like our limited edition Mozart model it has higher specification hammers than our standard K121 and a grand piano grade soundboard. Solid brass accents and features like burr walnut key blocks (on the black polyester model), and stunning marquetry inlays, further add to the beauty, style and romance of it. It is available in 3 finishes - Black polyester (with burr walnut key blocks), Mahogany polyester with inlay, and American Walnut Polyester with inlay.The New Kemble Special Edition Chopin
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
sussexpianos
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by sussexpianos »

well, the Motzart was nice, so I hope this one is better. Anyone know the rrp? Surley strings are strings? Copper and steel.
A piano tuner is the "Unseen artist". www.sussexpianos.co.uk
Members of the PTA & I.M.I.T., MIA and Trading Standards Approved. C&G qualified and N&S Diploma. PTD(Precision Touch Design) Technician.
A440
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by A440 »

Here's a couple of photos of the New Kemble Chopin at Headingley pianos. Retail is £5999 but I'm told this is due to rise!
Strings do vary in quality tremendously (like pianos). These are handmade by Bosendorfer and have very high purity of copper and are drawn to very high tolerance.
Anyone who's ever tried to make bass strings will know how varied the results can be (a tangled mess in my case!)

Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
chrisvenables
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by chrisvenables »

Maybe it's just the photograph, but the top lid looks nice and straight? Definitely a Kemble!
Yamaha Piano Main Dealer since 1981. www.chrisvenables.co.uk