Key for a John Spencer Piano

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

SSeward

Key for a John Spencer Piano

Post by SSeward »

I am looking for a key to lock the piano lid of a John Spencer Piano, serial no. 57108. Does anyone know where I might find such a thing? I need to find a way of keeping it closed so that it can't fall on small childrens' fingers.
Brumtuner
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Brumtuner »

Heckscher and Fletcher&Newman sell them. Tell them which type you require (male, female or triangular). No need to tell them the make of piano as they're all the same. They're called 'lock keys' btw.

An old wardrobe key might fit.

Alternatively, let the little bu... children learn the hard way.
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

One of my customers has 2 of those spongey type things that you put on doors to stop them slamming - vaguely U shaped - on each cheek of the keyboard.
Takes all the fun out of it...
vernon

Post by vernon »

Spencers used to come with special Spencer key with a round head with"Spencer" filigreed into it. Somebody may have one
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Key for a John Spencer Piano

Post by Barrie Heaton »

SSeward wrote:I am looking for a key to lock the piano lid of a John Spencer Piano, serial no. 57108. Does anyone know where I might find such a thing? I need to find a way of keeping it closed so that it can't fall on small childrens' fingers.
Piano Keys
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
alexalin
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by alexalin »

Hi,Even I am looking for a key to lock the piano.Because my owners kids are spoiling my piano and i cant stop them.If i stop them to play a piano then my house owner will sent me out. I will let you know if i know any thing.
athomik
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by athomik »

alexalin wrote:If i stop them to play a piano then my house owner will sent me out.
Interesting clause for a rental agreement? I can see the headlines already: "Tennant made homeless by excessive use of piano key!" :wink: