Just bought my piano!

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

mwf
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Just bought my piano!

Post by mwf »

Hi,

I have just bought my Yamaha U3A serial no. 4.2 million, 1986 I think it was made. I paid £2200 for a well re-conditioned used piano, and I got a free stool, delivery and first tuning to boot.

There was another shop near the one I bought this from, but the pianos were just brought in from Japan and that was it, I thought they sounded very good because they were newer pianos, but I went with the sensible option and bought an older U3A with re-conditioning, do people think I made the right choice? Considering money was a big factor and £2200 was perfect for me, whereas one of the other pianos in the other shop was serial no. 4.9 million but they wanted £2850! I really wanted it and it was newer than the one I bought but I dont know what state it is in inside and no work had been done on it what so ever.

I think newer models sound better, but is there a real difference between a 4.2 million serial no. and a 4.9 million serial no? In terms of quality and sound etc...
mdw
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by mdw »

I always find the moment Ive written the cheque is the time to stop wondering if its a good deal or not! If you wanted the other one you should have bought the other one as if its the right piano you should never need to change it. Without seeing it none of us can tell you what sort of nick its in so stop worrying the deal is done its too late. :)
vernon

Post by vernon »

mdw

you speak great sense
vernon