Electronic Tuning Aids

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Brumtuner
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Electronic Tuning Aids

Post by Brumtuner »

I'm not enthralled at paying 500+ squids for a downloadable progam, so...

Is there an accurate machine out there for, say, 200 quid? One that 'stretches' the octaves a tad - like what I does.

Can these overpriced progam versions be copied? :wink: ....you know what I mean?

You know what I'm after. I'm prepared to pay!
Last edited by Brumtuner on 02 Mar 2008, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

there use to be an open source one which by all accounts was not half bad.

the best on the market is ether the SAT or the Reyburn Cyber Tuner the RCT is software and the SAT is a bit of Kit.

There are no cracks out there for the RCT a few guys which trained with me got tinnitus they have the RCT and say it brill in the US more seem to use the SATIII there is a Dutch one as well can't remember what it was called

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Brumtuner
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Brumtuner »

Barrie Heaton wrote:there use to be an open source one which by all accounts was not half bad.

the best on the market is ether the SAT or the Reyburn Cyber Tuner the RCT is software and the SAT is a bit of Kit.

There are no cracks out there for the RCT a few guys which trained with me got tinnitus they have the RCT and say it brill in the US more seem to use the SATIII there is a Dutch one as well can't remember what it was called

Barrie,
This 'open source one', tell me more.......
Feg

Post by Feg »

If you want in inexpensive tuning program try TuneLab (just Google it). The download does cost but should work out at well under 200 pounds. You can also download a trial version before you commit your hard-earned pennies.

Fiona
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Don't know what harped to it it may have evolved into Tunelab

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
longbow
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Electronic tuning aids on the cheap.

Post by longbow »

I think the old addage "You get what you pay for" applies here. What you do not get with copies is the set up knowledge or the back up service when something goes wrong or you do not understand how to do this or that ! How many tunings would it take to pay for the real thing ?
Martin Heckscher

Reyburn Cyber-Tuner

Post by Martin Heckscher »

Hi all,

Generally speaking we don't plug our own products or services on the forum - it doesn't seem right. But I emailed Barrie last night regarding the Reyburn Cyber-Tuner & he said that I should post this info on the forum, so I guess it has his blessing!

In case anyone is interested, we distribute the Reyburn Cyber-Tuner (RCT) software for Dean Reyburn over here. And very impressive it is too. Check it out on www.reyburn.com

Anyone thinking of investing in RCT is welcome to spend an hour
or three playing with our demo software at Bayham Street. But please speak to Phil in our warehouse first.

Best wishes to all
Martin

Martin Heckscher
Heckscher & Company
75 Bayham Street
London
NW1 0AA

020 7387 1735
sales@heckscher.co.uk
Martin Heckscher,
Heckscher & Co. Ltd.,
75 Bayham Street,