Carl Schatzlien Upright Piano

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

rimana

Carl Schatzlien Upright Piano

Post by rimana »

My brother and I are looking for information on this piano that belonged to our Dad. We're looking for a good home for it, and dont' have much idea on its worth or not worth as the case may be. I've advertised it in pianos for sale, but it is in need of restoration.

Any advice anyone can give us on this would be helpful. Thanks
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

If the piano needs a lot of work then you will fined that only the trade will show an interest and they will not looking at paying much for a not well known make &100 tops unless it have an unusual case.

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
rimana

Post by rimana »

thanks for the info, we'd be happy to find a good home for it really, someone who just restored pianos as a hobby?
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

You could just put an ad in a FreeAds or Loot type publication - Free To Good Home, that sort of thing. You may find a family who would like a piano but can't afford one. Also shop-window ads are cheap and effective.
Good luck!
Gill x
rimana

Post by rimana »

yes that was my next plan!

hopefully someone would want it, I just dont' want to dump it
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

If it comes to dumping it or before that give Bolton Pianos a ring ask for John they ship pianos to Italy he may give you something or at the very lest shift it – if the piano is burl walnut the polisher who I work with may like it, for the veneer and I can use the parts but it will be Jan before I am next in Wigan to look at it

But it is better it goes to a family who is on a fixed income if it plays

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page