Seeking information about Bohenmia 125 Professioanl Piano

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Pianoinfo

Seeking information about Bohenmia 125 Professioanl Piano

Post by Pianoinfo »

:lol: Does anyone know anything about Bohenmia 125 Professional piano? The sound is beautiful (to me only). My local shop ask $6,000 for it. Is it worth it? Thank you very much for your attention. I am looking forward to your comments.

Alex
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Do you mean the Petrof III 125 with a Bohemia spruce sound board if so I believe the RRP in the is USA $7,000 However, I have never worked on one so I could not comment but the Petrofs I have see have seen are nice for the price They use Renner hammers

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
hong

Post by hong »

Is mahogany hammer better than hammers made of other wood?
Kawai says it uses mahogany hammers for its uprights but other commany only use mahogany hammers for the grands. Is that true? How about renner?
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

All depends on what tone your are after and how much weight you want in your heads Hornbeam, Beach and Mahogany all have difference densities, Mahogany is normally associated with the better hammers However, the felt is more important if you want to delve deeper then there are thousands of hours of reading on pianotech go here http://www.ptg.org/pipermail/pianotech/ and search on Hammers

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
hong

Post by hong »

Thanks.

How do you compare Petrof 125 and Kawai K30E?
Is P125 better than K30E?