Samick 600 NAD or Yamaha U1 or Kawai??

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

eyad

Samick 600 NAD or Yamaha U1 or Kawai??

Post by eyad »

Hello i am a beginner in the piano world , so i have no idea att all in buying a piano

I went to pianos showroom and I was attracted to the following pianos

Yamaha U1 assembled in Indonesia  price: $3650
Kawai 506 N price $3365
Samick JS-600 NAD price $3090

Will my budget is around $3100 but i can afford the yamah (3650$) if there were a major differences .

will the shop dealer told me that Samick piano is better than Indonesian Yamaha and its supervised by Bechstein company .....

I really don't know what choose espically that I am a beginner.

so please help me in deciding which one is best for me cause i really dont know what to chose.

Thnx in advance
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

First off all the UI is not made outside of Japan the only pianos that are made in Indonesian are the B1 B2 and the GB1 as far as I am aware. However, the B1 and B2 may have a different model names in the US

The B2 is the same size at the Kawai 506 the Yamaha and the Kawai are far better than the Samick and will hold their value if you upgrade later on. If this is the only piano you will buy the Samick is not a bad piano for the price

As to the supervised by Bechstein that is just the same as Yamaha supervise the Indonesian and Steinway supervise the Chinese

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
eyad

Post by eyad »

thnx a lot Barrie Heaton for your reply

but the problem is that the kawai 506 (height 113 cm)is smaller than the samick and yamaha (121 cm) will that affect the sound???

anyway what i am asking is there a big difference between the samick 600 ND and the yamaha u1 (let assume it is assembeled in indonesia) to make me pay extra 600$
magriggs
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by magriggs »

I played Kawai upright that was about 110-120cm this morning, and it was appalling. I would avoid it like the plague, it was woolly and vague.

The U1 will be a fabulous piano for you.
eyad

Post by eyad »

thnx a lot magriggs for your replay i canceled the kawai from my options

today i found a yamaha m 20 i liked it sound

what do you think of this piano and it has a reasonable price 3000$

what is your opinions?
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

eyad wrote:thnx a lot Barrie Heaton for your reply

but the problem is that the kawai 506 (height 113 cm)is smaller than the samick and yamaha (121 cm) will that affect the sound???

anyway what i am asking is there a big difference between the samick 600 ND and the yamaha u1 (let assume it is assembeled in indonesia) to make me pay extra 600$

Me I would pay for the U1

They do make a U1 in the UK but they don’t call it a U1 it’s the same back and action but cheaper they may do the same in Indonesia the extra size is worth the money

BTW Is the U1 for sale in a different shop to the samick.

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

The M20 console was made for the US market so we don’t see them much in the UK but as I under stand they are nice pianos the case is not to every ones taste Piano Guy loves them :twisted:

You would get a better response on Piano World as there are quite a few US piano tuners on that forum who would know if there are any known problems for that model.

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
eyad

Post by eyad »

thnx Barrie Heaton i would love to buy the U1 but the problem my father is not welling to pay this extra 600$ i am still trying with him

about the yamaha M-20 i searched the net and i didnt found this series , it really has a good tune

did any body heared about it , could it be a fake yamaha piano????

and i really thank you all for your support you really helped me a lot , and thnx again
eyad

Post by eyad »

my mind will blow up

i minimized my options into 2 options

Samick 143f price: 2640$
yamaha m20 price: 3000$

the problem that i didnt find any review about the yamaha m 20 in the internet

please if you where in my shoes what would you choose?

please help me cause i am going to buy my piano in these few days
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

yamaha m20 price: 3000$

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page