Yamaha U3 - type and age ?

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

zalago

Yamaha U3 - type and age ?

Post by zalago »

As she has just moved to a 3rd floor apartment, my daughter has decided to sell her Yamaha U3(because it wont fit up the stairs - and she needs the money)and is hoping I will buy her a good electronic piano (because I love to hear her play). I think the Yamaha is from 1980 and is worth about £2500. But, to be sure I would appreciate any help and advice. The serial number is prefixed with an 'H' and the numbers are 2884431. It is in excellent condition(almost as new). As for an electric piano/keyboard - she wants one as close to the real thing as possible (keyboard feel and action) but without the bulk and weight - I would appreciate any advice on the best ones to look at. Many thanks.
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

Exactly!

Don't do it!!

PG
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

are we time travelling again?
D Minor
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by D Minor »

Don't do it!

Your daughter will regret it. Can you not keep it in your house and buy her a secondhand Clavinova?
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Can I add my two penn'orth?
DON'T DO IT!!!
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

:D
zalago

Post by zalago »

Gosh, okay. I think you are all saying the same thing. The message is SO strong and clear you've persuaded me to buy the piano from her. She can buy her own 2nd hand Clavinova. I'll still assume 2500 is about right. Many thanks for such clear views.