Kawai-K3TX

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Hilda64

Kawai-K3TX

Post by Hilda64 »

Does anyone know anything about the Kawai - K3TX ? I’m wanting to try a Kawai K300 and wondered if the ATX is similar ( apart from the silent system ) There’s an ATX at my local dealership but no Kawai 300 for miles . Thanks
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: Kawai-K3TX

Post by chrisw »

Is the K3TX just a K3 piano with a silent system ? If so the K3 was the predecessor to the K300. There should be plenty of information on the web giving the K3 specifications. I would imagine it was a good piano and should be ok to purchase from a local dealership, hopefully with some sort of guarantee included. If you purchase from a private individual probably be best to get it checked out by a piano tuner/technician.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Have two clients who have the K3TX both of them absolutely love them, one does a lot of recording so needs the midi in and out, second, she found the touch a bit offputting at first, but she's now got used to it.

As a comparison, you do need to try the K3 and the tx as the touch is different because of the silent system.

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Hilda64

Post by Hilda64 »

Thank you both for your replies