Worth of a Steinway & Sons Grand Piano?

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Aharper

Worth of a Steinway & Sons Grand Piano?

Post by Aharper »

I'm not sure if this belongs here. To cut a long story short, I'm hoping someone can tell me how much this Steinway & Sons Model D 274cm Concert Grand Piano my grandfather left me is worth. I was 13 years old when he bought it, and I'm thinking about selling it. I love the piano, but I've never played it, and I don't know much about electronics and such. Is this a good option?
I'm a doctor and don't have time to learn about pianos. It has been sitting around and has been well taken care of. Now I'm thinking of selling the piano to someone with significantly more time to put it to use. Please provide guidance.
Also, if anyone knows of another community where I can cross-post, I'd appreciate it.

Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Worth of a Steinway & Sons Grand Piano?

Post by Barrie Heaton »

You have no trouble selling it. Get the serial number and give Steinways a ring in London they will give you a ballpark figure then add 25%

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
pianoz

Post by pianoz »

I was sent this link by a tuner who reads the forum and recognised the piano. This piano is in our shop and has nothing to do with an inheritance from a grandfather, the picture is taken from our website, and the username the original poster has used is the same initial and surname as the owner of our shop so clearly there is some elaborate scam/ identity theft attempt here

Hopefully nobody got sucked in by this
Model V
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Model V »

This post has SCAM written all over it.