Wurlitzer electric piano 200 - needs restoration

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

MCHarvey

Wurlitzer electric piano 200 - needs restoration

Post by MCHarvey »

Hi,
I am hoping someone might be able to give me some advice.
I have an old keyboard that I would like to sell, it belonged to my late husband. It is a Wurlitzer 200a, I believe, although it might be 200? My husband was offered quite a lot of money for it some years ago, but wasn’t interested in selling it as he thought he’d prefer to restore it. It has been in my house for over 25yrs and my husband had it some years before that. I don’t know what the best thing to do is. Should I sell it as it is? Or restore it and then sell it? I also do not know where to get the work done - or where to sell it? I am in Surrey.
Thanks for reading.
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: Wurlitzer electric piano 200 - needs restoration

Post by chrisw »

Hello,
I had to look up what a Wurlitzer 200a actually looked like but immediately recognised them !
I was also surprised how much people were wanting to sell them for, presumably in good condition.
This website may be of interest https://www.hammondhire.com/wurlitzerpi ... tions.html
Alternatively search for amplifier repairs or visit a music shop that predominantly deals with guitars and amplifiers.
MCHarvey

Re: Wurlitzer electric piano 200 - needs restoration

Post by MCHarvey »

Hi,
Thank you for getting back to me - I shall follow your advice.
I agree that it’s surprising how much they sell for - my husband tried to find someone to restore it for him, some 15 yrs ago, but couldn’t find anyone to do it. Although he was offered several hundred pounds for it, as people wanted to buy it and do it up, either to keep or sell on.
Anyway, I’ll see what happens, thanks again .