Spencer upright piano

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Dan Parker

Spencer upright piano

Post by Dan Parker »

Hi all.
Hope this is allowed.
Looking for advice on where I might get a value and details on how I would go about selling my mums piano.
She has had this for 40 plus years and had it tuned without fail every year. Unfortunatly she is no longer able to play due to medical reasons and its breaking her heart seeing it sit there and her not being able to play it.
It's a Spenser upright serial number 35013.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: Spencer upright piano

Post by chrisw »

The best person to judge the condition of the piano and therefore its value is the person who tuned it or failing that person another tuner or piano technician.
If the serial number is as low as 35013 I would imagine the piano is approaching 120 years old and it would be my belief it would have a quite low value to others.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

35013 = c1904

Even if the piano was in exceptionally good condition trade would ask you for money to take it away. If the piano is tuned to concert pitch and you put it on eBay you may get £100+ if you're lucky. AS chrisw has told you the best person to ask is your local tuner he or she may have a client that is looking for a cheap piano

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Dan Parker

Post by Dan Parker »

Thank you for your replies and that would make sense talking to the tuner.
I see what he says.
Regards