Yamaha P121 Silent

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

ADW123

Yamaha P121 Silent

Post by ADW123 »

Good afternoon,
Hopefully I won't ask a similar question regarding the P121 Silent. I am looking at a 2008 UK manufactured P121 Silent piano from a private home.

I will get a tech person to look it over, but can anybody advice roughly what the going value should be and also, does the silent system affect the action in any way?

Thanks for reading.
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: Yamaha P121 Silent

Post by chrisw »

There is a 2010 Kemble 121 for sale at the Piano Gallery. Asking price about £4.2 k. I believe the silent system will affect the touch but you need to try the piano to see if you like it or not.
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

The price of secondhand pianos is very subjective all depends on its condition, tone, and how well it's been tuned and your pocket.

As to the touch yes there is a difference even on the new one, some people don't like it because the set-off and checking are altered on a 10-year-old piano if it hasn't been serviced that could be more prominent feel as chrisw pointed out you need to play it but with the lockdown humm difficult.

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
ADW123

Post by ADW123 »

Thank you all for the reply. My search has now centred on a UX10 1990's or possibly an older U3.

My Daughter has tried the U1 and U3 today, but the UX10 is with a dealer that I haven't been able to visit.