How can I fix a silent system?

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Jen79

How can I fix a silent system?

Post by Jen79 »

Hi folks, I bought a Yamaha U3 with a refrofitted Genio silent system in London 15 or so years ago. The system is no longer working. I've called the company I bought the piano from (they also fitted the system) and they've said they no longer sell the silent systems and can't get hold of the system supplier (poss. out of business now, was in Korea). I don't know what to do now. I think there are contacts issues but also it needs resetting each time it's turned on and still doesn't work properly so maybe has just had it's day. I either want another system or this one fixed. Problem is I've rung about 10 places today; all local piano places, Yamaha UK, electronics repairs etc. and no one can help either install a new system or fix. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm based in Norwich. (Bought from London but long time ago). Thanks Jen
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How can I fix a silent system?

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Jen79

Post by Jen79 »

Thanks Barrie, will give them a try.
pianobrereton
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by pianobrereton »

Has anyone had any experience with the Gabor silent system, either installing or using ?
I have a customer who would like a silent system fitted to her 85 note 1930s English piano with a D-type action. Also any advice as to the best system to retrofit to this older piano ?