Yamaha YUS3 v YUS5

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Robin66

Yamaha YUS3 v YUS5

Post by Robin66 »

I'm looking to buy a Silent upright and these 2 Yamahas are at the suitable price point new. My question is, is it worth paying a bit more for YUS5? The only upgrade I think I'd really like is the ivorite keys. None of the other upgrades seem that important and I think the front of the YUS5 is a bit ugly although others say it's more ergonomical. I've enjoyed Yamaha digitals for years and have more faith in a factory fitted silent system.

Any thoughts?
Kaj
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Re: Yamaha YUS3 v YUS5

Post by Kaj »

The keytops are not made of ivory.
It is possible that the higher upright will have a better sound in the bas, but I think you should simply go for the instrument you like the best!
Kaj
joseph
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by joseph »

Hi There,

Personally I've preferred the sound of every YUS5 to every YUS3 or U3 that I have played, and I'm not quite sure why that is.

If the YUS3 and 5 are of identical scale design then it must have been down to the preparation of the models I played.

Basically if you're choosing between two pianos that are virtually identical, then go for the one that you prefer, because that is the one you'll have to live with. They're both pretty good pianos and I don't think you'd feel let down by either one.

They're both the same height, the 5 isn't taller than the 3.

While you're at it, you could have a look at the SE series pianos, and the SU7, but the SU7 is far more expensive. I would have a look at them just for fun, because I like to find out what's available.
Lauren295
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by Lauren295 »

I would recommend YUS5. Its is better and has much awesome tone quality with touch and tone colour.