Schulze Pollmann made in china

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

Post Reply
pauljackson
Junior Poster
Junior Poster
Posts: 11
Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 15:30

Schulze Pollmann made in china

Post by pauljackson » 26 Jun 2014, 15:33

hey.I want to buy a schulze pollman 109p upright piano. I asked factory and they sent me email that I put below this text. I thing something's wrong with these prices! what does OVERSEAS PARTNER COMPANY mean?! and 1.850 Euros are enough for a European piano?! I heard they are making these pianos in Macao, CHINA. is this correct or not?please help me to have a good purchase. thank you.


*SCHULZE POLLMANN mail*

Dear Mr. Paul Jackson,

Thank you for your e-mail. Please be informed that model 109P is originally assembled by our overseas partner company and then completed in our factory in San Marino – Italy by our skilled technicians. If you are interested in this model we can arrange a direct sale to you in Armenia because we do not have a distributor in your country; this means that you would have a great price advantage (discount) compared to the normal purchase from a local store. The price we can make for you for this piano is 1.850 Euros + packaging and transportation (this is the price we would normally offer to our distributor).

If you would like to but a piano entirely made in our factories in Italy please chose from our pianos of the Masterpiece Series. Please find attached our catalogue for your reference. For your reference, the price of the upright pianos of the Masterpiece series is in the range of 7.500 Euros or more (just for direct sale to Armenia, otherwise the dealer price would be more than 10.000 Euros). If you are interested in this kind of piano, please let me know which model you prefer and I will calculate a quotation for you.

We look forward to your news and meanwhile wish you a nice day.


Best Regards,
Paolo Rossi
Servizio Clienti

User avatar
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4005
Joined: 30 May 2003, 20:42
Location: Lanc's
Contact:

Re: Schulze Pollmann made in china

Post by Barrie Heaton » 26 Jun 2014, 18:02

the overseas partner is the factory where they are made and then fished San Marino –
It looks like the price they have give you is a trade price fishy

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page

User avatar
Colin Nicholson
Executive Poster
Executive Poster
Posts: 1839
Joined: 04 Jul 2010, 19:15
Location: Morpeth, Northumberland
Contact:

Re: Schulze Pollmann made in china

Post by Colin Nicholson » 26 Jun 2014, 23:46

It might be me, but I would be suspicious about this.
Why offer a trade price? .... and does the piano really exist? (check out "Pollmann"??) - is it not Pohlmann?
In the email - various phrases don't seem right/ grammar/ spelling.

If you saw this piano on a website, please send us the link.

Make sure you fully check out their website (if they have one) .... and make sure you have a contact phone number (speak to them), and a full postal address, and full company name. Never just rely on emails alone.
Once you have sent a payment - it's too late.

Risky!
AA Piano Tuners UK

Colin Nicholson Dip. Mus. CMIT CLCM PTLLS
Piano tuning & repairs. Full UK restoration service
http://www.aatuners.com
Tuition ~ Accompaniment ~ Weddings
http://www.pianotime1964.com
Member of The Guild of Master Craftsmen

User avatar
NewAge
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster
Posts: 428
Joined: 07 Nov 2007, 18:29

Re: Schulze Pollmann made in china

Post by NewAge » 27 Jun 2014, 12:01

Colin,
I agree this could possibly be a little doubtful, especially considering the faults in the 2nd paragraph.
The name on their webside and also the fallboard is indeed 'Schulze Pollmann'.
Their website indicates the model 109P but gives no indication of price. The Piano Buyer however shows nothing smaller than the 115P. A quick Google shows first price for a new 109P to be 2600 euros. As you indicate, this makes a proposed price of 1850€ potentially dodgy! :o
I was playing the piano in a zoo, when the elephant burst into tears. I said, "Don't you recognize the tune?" He replied, "No, I recognize the ivories!"

Withindale
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster
Posts: 176
Joined: 06 Oct 2011, 14:30

Re: Schulze Pollmann made in china

Post by Withindale » 27 Jun 2014, 19:10

According to his profile on Pianoworld, where there is a similar post, Mr Paul Jackson is a piano teacher and piano seller. He lives in Utah and owns a Schimmel and a Bosendorfer.

User avatar
Colin Nicholson
Executive Poster
Executive Poster
Posts: 1839
Joined: 04 Jul 2010, 19:15
Location: Morpeth, Northumberland
Contact:

Re: Schulze Pollmann made in china

Post by Colin Nicholson » 28 Jun 2014, 00:28

The pianos don't go into any detail.... just hyper advertising
AA Piano Tuners UK

Colin Nicholson Dip. Mus. CMIT CLCM PTLLS
Piano tuning & repairs. Full UK restoration service
http://www.aatuners.com
Tuition ~ Accompaniment ~ Weddings
http://www.pianotime1964.com
Member of The Guild of Master Craftsmen

pauljackson
Junior Poster
Junior Poster
Posts: 11
Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 15:30

Re: Schulze Pollmann made in china

Post by pauljackson » 28 Jun 2014, 09:22

Barrie Heaton wrote:the overseas partner is the factory where they are made and then fished San Marino –
It looks like the price they have give you is a trade price fishy

Barrie
hi.thanks for your reply.the price in my confusing point.

pauljackson
Junior Poster
Junior Poster
Posts: 11
Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 15:30

Re: Schulze Pollmann made in china

Post by pauljackson » 28 Jun 2014, 09:24

@Barrie Heaton
thanks for your reply.the price is my confusing point.

pauljackson
Junior Poster
Junior Poster
Posts: 11
Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 15:30

Re: Schulze Pollmann made in china

Post by pauljackson » 28 Jun 2014, 09:34

@ Colin Nicholson
hi.thanks for your reply. I think they have some problem with english!
their official website link :
the spell is correct but they didn't put this model in their site in this update. I have their catalog and this model was the first one!

pauljackson
Junior Poster
Junior Poster
Posts: 11
Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 15:30

Re: Schulze Pollmann made in china

Post by pauljackson » 28 Jun 2014, 09:38

@ NewAge
thanks for your reply. the best word about Schulze pollmann 109p : DODGY! you said! :D

pauljackson
Junior Poster
Junior Poster
Posts: 11
Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 15:30

Re: Schulze Pollmann made in china

Post by pauljackson » 28 Jun 2014, 09:40

@ Withindale
thanks for your reply, and thanks for introducing me!!!

pauljackson
Junior Poster
Junior Poster
Posts: 11
Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 15:30

Re: Schulze Pollmann made in china

Post by pauljackson » 28 Jun 2014, 09:41

@ Colin Nicholson
thanks again. what should I do now?

pauljackson
Junior Poster
Junior Poster
Posts: 11
Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 15:30

Re: Schulze Pollmann made in china

Post by pauljackson » 29 Jun 2014, 07:19

Colin Nicholson wrote:It might be me, but I would be suspicious about this.
Why offer a trade price? .... and does the piano really exist? (check out "Pollmann"??) - is it not Pohlmann?
In the email - various phrases don't seem right/ grammar/ spelling.

If you saw this piano on a website, please send us the link.

Make sure you fully check out their website (if they have one) .... and make sure you have a contact phone number (speak to them), and a full postal address, and full company name. Never just rely on emails alone.
Once you have sent a payment - it's too late.

Risky!
hi.thanks for your reply. I think they have some problem with english!
their official website link :
the spell is correct but they didn't put this model in their site in this update. I have their catalog and this model was the first one!

pauljackson
Junior Poster
Junior Poster
Posts: 11
Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 15:30

Re: Schulze Pollmann made in china

Post by pauljackson » 29 Jun 2014, 07:20

Colin Nicholson wrote:The pianos don't go into any detail.... just hyper advertising
thanks again. what should I do now?

pauljackson
Junior Poster
Junior Poster
Posts: 11
Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 15:30

Re: Schulze Pollmann made in china

Post by pauljackson » 29 Jun 2014, 07:21

NewAge wrote:Colin,
I agree this could possibly be a little doubtful, especially considering the faults in the 2nd paragraph.
The name on their webside and also the fallboard is indeed 'Schulze Pollmann'.
Their website indicates the model 109P but gives no indication of price. The Piano Buyer however shows nothing smaller than the 115P. A quick Google shows first price for a new 109P to be 2600 euros. As you indicate, this makes a proposed price of 1850€ potentially dodgy! :o
thanks for your reply. the best word about Schulze pollmann 109p : DODGY! you said! :D

pauljackson
Junior Poster
Junior Poster
Posts: 11
Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 15:30

Re: Schulze Pollmann made in china

Post by pauljackson » 29 Jun 2014, 07:22

Withindale wrote:According to his profile on Pianoworld, where there is a similar post, Mr Paul Jackson is a piano teacher and piano seller. He lives in Utah and owns a Schimmel and a Bosendorfer.
thanks for your reply, and thanks for introducing me!!!

Post Reply