Zimmermann

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

sussexpianos
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Zimmermann

Post by sussexpianos »

They are still being made? I can only find the Hoffmann on their site.
A piano tuner is the "Unseen artist". www.sussexpianos.co.uk
Members of the PTA & I.M.I.T., MIA and Trading Standards Approved. C&G qualified and N&S Diploma. PTD(Precision Touch Design) Technician.
sussexpianos
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: Zimmermann

Post by sussexpianos »

No worries, found the info. They are now being made by Pearl River. Bechstein had a few problems with them apparently. Tuning stability and bridge problems, one dealer said 1 in 8 had a major defect.
A piano tuner is the "Unseen artist". www.sussexpianos.co.uk
Members of the PTA & I.M.I.T., MIA and Trading Standards Approved. C&G qualified and N&S Diploma. PTD(Precision Touch Design) Technician.
joe
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: Zimmermann

Post by joe »

Zimmermann,they where very pricey for a Czech built piano,did have a nice sound.Some wholesalers will sell anything to make a buck,even if the quality is suspect ?,and retailers latch on to them due to the profit margins and price protection on offer,they been getting away with it for about 30 years now.Would have thought they would have used the Samick firm to produce the pianos,as the quality of their instruments in my opinion are better than the East European.Is the Bechstein-Samick alliance still active,as it the same person who own the majority shares in both companies ? :?: