my piano help

General discussion about piano makes, problems with pianos, or just seeking advice.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Melodytune

hd123ester

my piano help

Post by hd123ester »

Hello i know nothing about this piano ive just braught it i lovr it and judt want toknow how to look afteer it and the historry here is a pictur
Attachments
FB_IMG_13456672257173589.jpg
David B
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: my piano help

Post by David B »

ive just braught it
what, with money? :shock:
joseph
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by joseph »

I guess the best thing to do is take a note of the name. You'll find that on the inside of the keyboard's cover. Take photos. Then, open up the top, take pictures of the inside and perhaps try posting the pictures of the piano in the piano history section. Good luck.
Colin Nicholson
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by Colin Nicholson »

The piano looks to be about 100 years old.

The cabinet is known as "ebonised black" showing some wood inlay, (possibly Mother of Pearl) - the two brass brackets at either side unfortunately are missing the candle holders - called sconces.

The best way to look after your piano is to contact a piano tuner, depending on its condition inside - it may be able to be tuned. Pianos should be tuned every 6 months. Tuning is carried out by removing the front panel, and turning the tuning pins inside - however, the working parts needs to be in "working order" in order for it to be tuned - and should be carried out by a professional piano tuner.

If there is no name on the fallboard (lid covering the keys), then look inside, there may be a name there. Many pianos have made up names, or names that are added later - so without a true manufacturers name, some pianos have little or no history.

Hope that helps.
AA Piano Tuners UK

Colin Nicholson Dip. Mus. CMIT CLCM PTLLS
Piano tuning & repairs. Full UK restoration service
http://www.aatuners.com
Tuition ~ Accompaniment ~ Weddings
http://www.pianotime1964.com
Member of The Guild of Master Craftsmen