Knapell Upright Piano

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

Lottie
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Knapell Upright Piano

Post by Lottie »

Hi
I have got a Knapell Upright piano. I believe it dates from around 1900. Can you tell me anything about this particular make please? Thanks
Lottie
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Re: Knapell Upright Piano

Post by Lottie »

Hi
I have now found the serial no. of my Knappell piano - 43789. After I had searched for the number, I decided to give it a jolly old clean - something I haven't done since I bought it over ten years ago. (I am hanging my head in shame). :oops: I have polished the outside, but I always felt that what went on on the inside, was nothing to do with me. So out with the vacuum attachment and lots of damp cloths - I promise I didn't spray the inside with Mr Sheen - though it was tempting. And do you know, I swear it plays better!!

Since being on this Forum, I have learned such a lot reading the various posts. When I try and talk 'piano' to my non playing friends (which is all of them) a glazed look comes over their eyes, so this is great. Thanks.

:piano;
MarkGoodwinPianos
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by MarkGoodwinPianos »

Careful, if you come here looking for information you end up meeting the love of your life
That's the way it goes :)
Yamaha Pianos for sale (usually 50+ in stock)
email markgoodwinpianos@gmail.com with any Yamaha, Kawai, Bechstein or Steinway questions :)
Lottie
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by Lottie »

Sounds good to me - don't tell the grandkids!! :P