Erard Piano

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

moorec24

Erard Piano

Post by moorec24 »

IMG_3889.JPG
We have an Erard Paris upright piano and I am trying to find out some history. The serial is stamped 79185. There is also a plate on the inside for Meijroos & Kalshoven, Arnhem. I thought they were music publishers, so I am not sure why the plate is there unless perhaps they owned the piano (or I am way off base) There is also a sticker on the far end from Henri Sandbergen Pianos, Amsterdam, so at some point, this piano was moved to Amsterdam or repaired by someone from this company. So any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_3887.JPG
IMG_3875.JPG
IMG_3873.JPG
IMG_3870.JPG
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: Erard Piano

Post by chrisw »

According to Besbrode's web site your piano would have been produced between 1891 and 1900.
moorec24

Post by moorec24 »

I'm curious about the metal plate from Meijroos & Kalshoven. Would they have purchased the piano and then labeled it as inventory? I thought they only published music versus selling instruments.
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by chrisw »

I am afraid I cannot answer this question. However it wouldn't be beyond the bounds of possibilities that they were both publishers and suppliers of pianos. Perhaps there are records in Arnhem that would give the answer.