Joseph Gramer, Boston Mass.

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

cte28741

Joseph Gramer, Boston Mass.

Post by cte28741 »

I have an old upright piano that has Joseph Gramer Boston on the top right hand side also with 8132 out to the side of it. On the front it has "GRAMER" BOSTON, USA . THERE IS SOME WRITING AT THE TOP WHEN YOU OPEN IT UP, THE WRITING HAS THE DATE 4-4-27 W/A SIGNATURE I CAN'T READ. THERE IS ANOTHER WRITING THAT STATES ARRIVE OR ARRIVED APRIL 9TH 1903. THIS WAS WROTE ON THE LARGE BRASS PIECE AT THE TOP. THERE ARE LARGE NUMBERS ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE THAT SAYS 96. COULD YOU TELL ME WHAT THESE DATES MEAN? OR WHEN THIS PIANO WAS MADE? THIS PIANO WAS IN A CHURCH. NEEDS SOME MINOR REPAIRS. PLEASE REPLY!!! ON THE FRONT IT HAS SCROLL TYPE CARVINGS IN EACH CORNER WITH DECORATIVE MOLDING AROUNG IT.

TERESA
Smile God loves you!!!!!!!!!!!
Bill Kibby

Gramer

Post by Bill Kibby »

This is a UK site, we don't see them over here, but I have some dates of serial numbers.
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
cte28741

joseph gramer boston piano

Post by cte28741 »

DEAR SIR,
COULD YOU PLEASE SEND THOSE DATES & NUMBERS SO THAT I MAY FURTHER MY RESEARCH ON THIS PIANO. IT REALLY IS A BEAUTIFUL PIECE. I WOULD LIKE TO RESTORE IT IF POSSIBLE, BUT WOULD LIKE TO KNOW AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE ABOUT IT SO THAT WOULD HELP WITH THE RESTORATION. I DO NOT PLAN TO SELL MY PIANO. MY FAMILY HAS BEEN GIVEN THE GIFT OF MUSIC & THE EAR FOR MUSIC. SO IT WILL BE MOST ENJOYABLE TO US IN OUR FAMILY GATHERINGS & CHURCH FELLOWSHIPS. THANKYOU KINDLY FOR YOUR PROMPT REPLY.
YOURS TRULY,
TERESA
Smile God loves you!!!!!!!!!!!
Kmd05b

Re: Joseph Gramer, Boston Mass.

Post by Kmd05b »

Hello my family are descendants of the Gramer’s who built those pianos. I know it’s been years but I am searching for one and would wonder if you would like to message me privately to discuss any arrangements I could make. I know you said it’s not for sale but I would like to discuss options of replacing it. Shot in the dark but this would be the ultimate gift to my grandfather who doesn’t get out much but always had a piano growing up.
5xthefun@gmail.com

Post by 5xthefun@gmail.com »

We have a Gramer upright that we would be interested in selling. I was about to repurpose it but it has been in my wife’s family for 4 generations and would rather see it refurbished for your grandfather. Please contract me at 402-206-8799 if interested
Radstr3

Post by Radstr3 »

My parents have had to downsize and no longer have room for their beautiful Gramer Upright Piano. They have owned this piano for over 50 years. No of the family have room for this heirloom piece. Are you interested? It is serial number 4411. It is located in Lebanon, OR and will need to be moved soon as their home will soon be for sale.

Steve Radford
503-704-3465