German upright piano "RIESE", Gustav Slawik, Halle-Saale

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

maxim_tuner
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

German upright piano "RIESE", Gustav Slawik, Halle-Saale

Post by maxim_tuner »

German piano Max has been tuning for over 10 years there. The hostess loves this piano and always a lot play it's. EVERYTHING about this piano is original (keys, an action, string and pins). It was taken out of Germany after World War II as a trophy by an Air Force captain of Red Army. Since the 50s it has been in the USSR, Uralsk.
The woman owner was unable to find any information about the factory where this was made. She did not find information in the piano atlases. She asks to share any information on this matter. Also she has intersts: what price like as her upright piano in Evrope.
When Max serviced it's piano last week, he found an ink print on the back of an action: Berlin, 50 29
Thanks in advance to everyone
Listen to the accordion waltz that: before and after Max tuning,https://youtu.be/9-b-_FYQE04
Bill Kibby

Re: German upright piano "RIESE", Gustav Slawik, Halle-Saale

Post by Bill Kibby »

At the moment, I have no information at all about Riese, but I will see what I can find.
On the action, where it says "Berlin" can you see the action makers' name?
Is Gustav Slawik a retailer?
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
maxim_tuner
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by maxim_tuner »

Bill Kibby wrote: 11 Feb 2021, 11:52 At the moment, I have no information at all about Riese, but I will see what I can find.
On the action, where it says "Berlin" can you see the action makers' name?
Is Gustav Slawik a retailer?
good night, Bill Kibby
no. I see ink printed " Berlin, 50 29" only
"RIESE" printed on open plank of a keyboard,
A plank which is upper all keys has printed " Gustav Slawik, Halle-Saale"
regards,
maxim_tuner
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by maxim_tuner »

https://www.klavierehamburg.com/riese/ here upright by the link here is very similar in construction, especially inside EVERYTHING parts is identical as our, even the angel medal with a trumpet in iron plate there.
Dieter
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Dieter »

Gustav Slawik war erster Konzertstimmer der Pianofortefabrik C. Rich. Ritter in Halle. 1919 hat er sich selbstständig gemacht und eine Reparaturwerkstätte für Flügel, Pianos und Harmoniums, verbunden mit Instrumenten-Handel eröffnet. Riese als Hersteller ist nicht nachweisbar.
Gustav Slawik was the first concert tuner of the piano factory C. Rich. Knight in Hall. In 1919 he went into business for himself and opened a repair shop for grand pianos, pianos and harmoniums, combined with an instrument trade. Giant as a manufacturer cannot be proven.
www.dieter-gocht.de