E. Wheatland & Sons

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

BETTY

E. Wheatland & Sons

Post by BETTY »

Hallo, i'm the owner of a E. Wheatland & Sons London piano. It's a Regent . The Number in the interior is 11939. I would like to know how old It Is and some other info about It. Thanks for help me
Bill Kibby

Re: E. Wheatland & Sons

Post by Bill Kibby »

No dates are published for Wheatland serial numbers, but...

1914 "E. Wheatland & Sons, 413, Harrow Road, London" piano #22,074, iron frame date 13.6.14B neear the bottom.
Are you able to post photos here to show what the whole piano looks like?
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
Bobblackburn

Post by Bobblackburn »

Reference piano 11939 by Wheatlands I am in possession of a receipt of purchase from them dated December fourth 1908. It was purchased for my Grandmother who would have been nine. It says Walnut piano 12813 and includes a music stool . I remember it at my Nans in her house in Streatham until she passed in 1972. It was sold as part of a full house clearance for, I think, £50. The price in the receipt...£23pounds 12shillings and sixpence!!!
Depending how many they made a year, 11939 could be very late Victorian. Hope this helps.
Bob 07948557341
Bill Kibby

Post by Bill Kibby »

Thanks for that, these pieces of ephemera are impossible to find by active research.
Is there any chance I could get a scan of it?
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info