Goetze upright piano

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

BenDilde

Goetze upright piano

Post by BenDilde »

Hi! My parents have had this piano for about 30 years and now they are planing on selling it. We were wondering about it's age and value. The lid says C Goetze and I found a number in side of it what I think could be the serial number, 9429 and got a result that it could be from 1907. Could someone help me identify the age and value of the piano ☺
Bill Kibby

Re: Goetze upright piano

Post by Bill Kibby »

Nobody anywhere can guess the value or condition of a piano without inspecting it on the spot.
There were piano makers called Goetze in USA, Dresden, Berlin and Russia. They had different numbers, and if it's the Russian one, it might be 1909.
Can you post photos to show us what the whole piano looks like?
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
pianotechman
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Goetze upright piano

Post by pianotechman »

I did a rebuild on a C.Goetze grand a few years ago including the fitting of a new laminated plank. Of special interest because the client had said it had once belonged to a music hall star who's biggest hits were 'Waiting at the church' and 'Daddy Wouldn't buy me a Bow Wow'...It was of course Vesta Victoria. Who obviously was rich enough to have her own grand moved from one performance ]venue to another Lovely story. :D
workshop renovations 015.jpg
David Hamilton Smith