Amadeus Piano circa 1980's

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

LennieAJ

Amadeus Piano circa 1980's

Post by LennieAJ »

Hi
I'm trying to discover the origin and make of my father's piano. I believe he bought either in the eighties or early nineties in London. It has an Amadeus nameplate and between the tuning pins on the cast iron frame is also an Amadeus trademark and serial number D010503. It is a 110 upright console in a polished mahogany finish. My piano tuner thought it might be by Samick but the serial number doesn't match. I've looked at a fair few serial number listings but still can't match it and wondered if any one on the forum can help. I have attached some photos but my apologies as the sun was shining and you can see reflections in the gloss finish.

Many Thanks
Helen AJ
Attachments
WP_20180921_12_30_48_Pro.jpg
WP_20180921_12_29_48_Pro.jpg
WP_20180921_12_29_10_Pro.jpg
Bill Kibby

Re: Amadeus Piano circa 1980's

Post by Bill Kibby »

At the risk of offending piano makers, I have to say that most modern pianos are like modern cars, there is very little to distinguish this one from many others, especially in a photo. I spend a lot of my time with my head in the 1800s, so I am no help here! No doubt one of the modern retailers will answer. I wonder if it could be a Yamaha number?

You could ask your tuner to check for any clues under the keys.
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by chrisw »

I think I have seen some discussion about Amadeus pianos within the PianoWorld forums. Perhaps it is worth enquiring there.
LennieAJ

Post by LennieAJ »

Thank you. Unfortunately it doesn't match any Yamaha, Samick, Pearl River or Hyundai serial numbers so not really sure where to look now but will try and contact Pianoworld.
Bill Kibby

Post by Bill Kibby »

Have you checked for dates on top of the hammer rail, or on or under the bottom few keys? Or perhaps even the top few keys.
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info